AES is pleased to present on:
Building Renewable Energy Beyond Photovoltaics: Targets, Metrics and Trends
With the federal renewable energy targets, compliance to NECB, and every individual’s responsibility to preserve our planet and its resources, the opportunity to transform the way we use energy has never been greater.
This session will offer an introduction to various alternate and renewable energy systems, including:
- Photovoltaic installations
- Solar concentrated hot water plants
- Solar hot water installation
- Biomass and landfill
- Natural gas in CCHP installations
- Fuel cell installations
- Run-off the river hydro
- Wind generation
An overview of capital and operational expenditure will be provided, as well as trends and selection metrics to assist professionals in making informed decisions. Following this presentation, participants will understand:
- Renewable targets for 2020, 2030 and 2050 in Alberta.
- Achievable renewable energy options for the built environment.
- Metrics for selecting the most suitable option.